Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Risky Language

I'm not quite done A New Kind of Christian yet. I know I'm a slow reader. Actually I'm an average to fast reader who just hardly ever gets a chance to sit down with a book! (Sorry, little rant there...)

I found a quote in I liked, " Spiritual realities require risky language." That makes so much sense to me.

I know it's cliche by now, but I love that CS Lewis quote from Narnia that the Beavers tell the children when they discover that Aslan is a lion and ask if he's safe. The Beavers tell them that Aslan isn't safe at all, but he's good.

Somehow that fits in the same category for me.

1 comment:

Rob Scott said...

I put a picture link to your blog on the KB website (replacing Byron's long-dormant blog).

Cuz, you know we to stay small and obscure by avoiding the strategies of unnamed successful evangelistic organizations who ban blogging.