Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Chase

Do you think it's possible God is intentionally evasive with us so we will keep seeking?

I've always felt like he was evasive with me. I've never had from him directly what I felt like I needed, or at least what I wanted. I didn't like it. It made me grumpy, but compelled me forward somehow. I got tired and frustrated, but I guess I kept going. I didn't think it (what, I'm not sure) would take so long, but I must have kept going. Just recently I looked up to realized I had been running for a while now - chasing - for a long while. But I'm stronger, more fit and gaining endurance. The chase isn't painful now. Somewhere along the line I've gained capacity for the journey and the ability to run. It feels good and the journey seems to be of greater value than I had previously thought.

And perhaps we'll never really know him this side of heaven anyway. The Bible seems to reflect that possibility. But it's not like I haven't caught glimpses - I think. So fleeting its hard to know for sure. But then, even that is provocative.

No comments: