Saturday, September 15, 2007

Halloween Costumes: Round I

Halloween is already showing up in the stores and at Calloway Park which prompted a conversation about what the girls wanted to be this year. Kaylee said she wanted to be a hook.

"A hook?" I asked. I was unclear.

"Yeah, a hook like to hang coats on," she explained.

...Ok.

"I want to be bird," Emily jumped in. That seemed more normal, but she wasn't quite done. "A bird with wings that can really fly. No, with a button you can push so the bird can fly by magic, when you push the button."

Alrighty. I'll get right on that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And then their parent/boss/accountant/etc tells them that that's impossible, and the dream dies a little. :(

Anonymous said...

Cool, can I get in on the hook action? Do they come in adult sizes??? ...do you HAVE to hang a coat on yourself? Or is that just for if it gets cold?? OO OOO - you could just stick a hook on a jacket!!!!!!! That would be A LOT like being a hook with a jacket on it. Whaddaya think?

stacey said...

I was seriously trying to figure out how to do it. I couldn't thing of how to do a hook, but a coat wrack might have worked. Fortunately though, we've downgraded to Tiger and the Cowardly Lion.