Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Rob made me post



Rob told me to post, but I'm a bit void of inspiration today. So I'll babble. What fun is a personal blog if you can't babble about useless drivel?

We just got back from a 2.5 weeks at the Lake. It was a weird mix of fun and chaos and peace and busyness. Somehow the time evaporated and I didn't get to read nearly as much as I'd planned. That always happens. I never learn. I did manage to run or swim "laps" almost every day. I wrote a fair bit. I thought a lot. Mostly in a self-focused, indulgent kind of way about my own dreams and hopes. I thought a lot about things I've been learning recently. There's been a lot.

We had "church" on the pier two Sundays. Celebrating Communion with friends and family that were guests at the Lake. That's good church! I shared the first Sunday about how I think I might be learning how God talks to me, but I'm not sure. I'm a bit slow on the uptake after 15 years of being a Christian. Maybe I'll post about that later.

We buried my Uncle Kinley's ashes. He passed away three years ago, but we were waiting till "the whole family" could be together to "plant him", as my dad would say. We didn't succeed in getting the whole family there. My sister and cousin's husband were missing. We went ahead, though, with their permission.

Kaylee got a wasp sting and the girls made up a magical mythological creature that is pink with polka dots and wings and comes out to eat "bad bugs" but never gets seen by people.

I ate too much and I'm sure I gained weight!

No comments: