Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Goose Bumps

What gives you goose bumps?

There's two kinds of goose bumps I get. The creepy stories, spooked out goose bumps, and other kind. The kind where something is cool and intense, in a deep kind of way. Those are my favourite kind!

But I was wondering where they come from. What they mean. Some kind of emotional response must release a physiological reaction causing those little bumps on your skin.

Once I heard someone call them "God bumps" instead of goose bumps. My reaction was about as charitable as it is when people call pot lucks, "pot blesses" because "we don't believe in luck". =sigh=

But today I got goose bumps listening to Eminem. (I know, my soul is in peril...) and something just hit me that way, that cool, intense, deep kind of way. And I thought about "God bumps" and I thought about how God speaks to me (I'm not sure really) and what his voice should sound like, should feel like. That seems about right, cool, intense, deep in a way that defies any kind of coherent explanation. Maybe they are "God bumps" after all.

And maybe, just maybe, God speaks through Eminem. Go figure.

2 comments:

s. m. d. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cherie Sr. said...

Just wanted you to know that I am now officially addicted to your blog site. I have it on my bookmark tool bar. So keep up the good work! (No pressure or anything :D )