Saturday, October 1, 2011

Today

I've been thinking I need to blog more. The problem is, of course, an ongoing lack of deep compelling topics. I've decided I don't care if I can't think of a deep compelling topic. Some time's I just feel like writing for writing's sake.

So, here's what we did today. Today is Saturday. We took two of the girls' bikes from our garage, that they weren't using anymore, and gave them to Good Life bicycle in Eau Claire. One was too little and the other was a failed attempt at a bigger bike for Emily. It's always good to get unused items out of our house! And Good Life is a neat place where you can donate bikes and get a bike for a donation. They will also help you fix up your own bike and teach you bike maintenance. It's non-profit, volunteer run. I think it's neat.

Then Rob, the girls and I had lunch at the Eau Claire food court. The girls played on the indoor play structure. Rob was talking about how although Eau Claire is no longer the really trendy high-end mall it was in its earlier days, that in some ways it's neater now with more of a community feel including tenants like Good Life. It is a strange mix now of high-end retail, junky stuff, community stuff, and empty space.

We came home to baby-sit Grace while Nicole went for her post-natal message. That had been a gift from us for her baby shower. Grace was good. She's super cute.

Now the kids are having an early bath in preparation for a pizza movie night.

That's it. I know it was mundane, but I needed to kick-start this writing thing.

2 comments:

Lori Klassen said...

For what it's worth, I was thrilled to see that posted something.
I think that spending a day with your family and doing something generous is deep. Probably deeper than you may think.
Mundane is the new deep.

stacey said...

Wow - I'm honoured and stunned that you are reading this! :-)