Friday, August 15, 2008

Burying Dad

On the August long-weekend we buried our dad at the Baynes Lake Cemetery.

It was a beautiful sunny day. Family and good friends came out to the graveyard in the morning and we all took turns digging. Shannon & I put Dad's ashes in the grave. Emily, Kaylee, Ella & Amy put everlastings and forget-me-nots in the grave. We added some lake water and Joan added some sweet grass. We all threw some dirt on the grave and all four girls worked for a while filling it back in as we all watched. Finally Shannon & I finished filling the grave. We watered it with the rest of the lake water and Ruth put some flowers on top.

That afternoon we had a small service at the Baynes Lake church that my great grandparents built and had a reception back at our place - the place my dad built. It was a good day. I miss my dad.










1 comment:

Nicole MacIver Okiring said...

That last photo of your dad is great! I miss him too. All my love to all of you!